“Ain’t no laws when you’re drinking Claws”
It’s been a fascinating few months watching the development of the White Claw phenomenon and its grip on the US.
In case you hadn’t heard of it, here’s a quick summary of what you’ve missed:
- The Hard Seltzer brand, launched in 2016, has become such a cultural phenomenon that this summer has become known as the ‘White Claw Summer’.
- White Claw was the fastest-growing beer and flavoured malted beverage in the US during July and outsold brand giant Budweiser, according to Nielsen.
- White Claw was so popular that a nationwide product shortage was declared in September.
- Police departments have had to issue a reminder that contrary to popular belief there are, in fact, laws when you’re drinking Claws.
But will this mind-blowing success travel across the Atlantic to the UK?
We’ve been finding out.
We sent 10 UK Thinkers a can of White Claw.
They then shared their opinions on:
- the packaging,
- future purchase intent,
- when they would be likely to drink it,
- what it would replace,
- where they expect to see it positioned in-store and
- their price expectations.
We analysed the raw video footage using our new lean solution approach, which offers our clients quicker, cheaper, but uncompromised insights.
To find out if drinking White Claw changed the lives of our UK consumers, or to just learn a bit more about our lean pre-launch solution, get in touch…